Popular Posts
-
My career of choice has been what I wanted to pursue since the 6th grade. I can't see myself doing anything other than becoming an entre...
-
It's finally that time I thought would never come. Time to start shopping for my home away from home for the next four years. I will be ...
-
Peer pressure is a common issue among teenagers. Considering that my classmates and I are going to be freshmen in college, I understand that...
-
I've always been told that as you grow older, you tend to find out who your true friends are, and that high school changes people. I can...
-
Well, the first “week” of school flew by pretty quickly. Getting up at 8:30 a.m. wasn't easy at all considering I'm not a morning pe...
-
In college, students are faced with having an active social life, time for relationships, and of course making time to study and do home...
-
My first day as a college student was... not quite what I anticipated. I say this because on June 18th, I started attending Denmark Technica...
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Peer Pressure
Peer pressure is a common issue among teenagers. Considering that my classmates and I are going to be freshmen in college, I understand that the amount of peer pressure we are exposed to will greatly increase. Growing up, we've always been taught to “Say no to drugs”, practice abstinence, etc. But, now that we're out from under our parents' wings, what will we do? Will we give in to our “friends”, knowing that what they plan to do is wrong? Some of us may go along with whatever they're pressuring us to do simply to fit in, throwing away everything we've been told. Yet some others may continue to stand strong in their own beliefs. Before doing something they don't really want to do, they should take a minute to ask themselves, “What am I risking by making this choice?” We have to continue to keep in mind those around us, along with ourselves. We shouldn't want to cause harm (emotionally or physically) on others, and especially not ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment