![]() |
| Courtesy of: http://web.usca.edu/housing/future-residents/housing-options/ |
Popular Posts
-
My career of choice has been what I wanted to pursue since the 6th grade. I can't see myself doing anything other than becoming an entre...
-
It's finally that time I thought would never come. Time to start shopping for my home away from home for the next four years. I will be ...
-
Peer pressure is a common issue among teenagers. Considering that my classmates and I are going to be freshmen in college, I understand that...
-
I've always been told that as you grow older, you tend to find out who your true friends are, and that high school changes people. I can...
-
Well, the first “week” of school flew by pretty quickly. Getting up at 8:30 a.m. wasn't easy at all considering I'm not a morning pe...
-
In college, students are faced with having an active social life, time for relationships, and of course making time to study and do home...
-
My first day as a college student was... not quite what I anticipated. I say this because on June 18th, I started attending Denmark Technica...
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Home Away From Home
It's finally that time I thought would never come. Time to start shopping for my home away from home for the next four years. I will be attending the University of South Carolina Aiken starting August 16th. I'll admit, I was overwhelmed when I first clicked on the list of what to bring back in April. The items that they have on the list vary from necessities to... things you may want to have, and yes, that list is pretty extensive. I'm not about to list every single item, but some of them were: bed sheets, a comforter, mattress pad, “egg crate”, a laundry bag/basket, personal hygiene products, school supplies, any special personal items to feel at home, a stereo, and a bathing suit. Now of course most of the items on the list cost a pretty penny, so I was extremely happy when I racked up on gift cards for graduation. I have gotten almost all of my needs without coming out of my pocket more than $20. It helps if you catch sales on the things that you know cost a good bit, and also if you buy things like toilet paper/paper towels in bundles. I'm beyond excited to decorate my dorm room and bathroom. The colors I'm using to decorate my room are purple and zebra print. I am also in charge of decorating our bathroom, so I'm combining zebra print and my roommate's color, turquoise for the bathroom. Once I get all of my other things, I'll be officially ready to move in! For the entire list of items to bring, you can access it at http://web.usca.edu/housing/future-residents/WhattoBringlist2014.pdf .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment