![]() |
| http://www.fortuneacademy.com/wp-content/themes/fa/im/logo/DenmarkTechnicalCollege.jpg |
Popular Posts
-
My career of choice has been what I wanted to pursue since the 6th grade. I can't see myself doing anything other than becoming an entre...
-
It's finally that time I thought would never come. Time to start shopping for my home away from home for the next four years. I will be ...
-
Peer pressure is a common issue among teenagers. Considering that my classmates and I are going to be freshmen in college, I understand that...
-
I've always been told that as you grow older, you tend to find out who your true friends are, and that high school changes people. I can...
-
Well, the first “week” of school flew by pretty quickly. Getting up at 8:30 a.m. wasn't easy at all considering I'm not a morning pe...
-
In college, students are faced with having an active social life, time for relationships, and of course making time to study and do home...
-
My first day as a college student was... not quite what I anticipated. I say this because on June 18th, I started attending Denmark Technica...
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
My First Day as a College Student
My first day as a college student was... not quite what I anticipated. I say this because on June 18th, I started attending Denmark Technical College's high school summer program. I signed up for English 101 and Biology 210. To start things off, when I got on the campus, I went to the wrong building for my English class. I was terrified of being late, so as soon as I realized I was in the wrong building, I practically ran across the street. When I got in the classroom, it was not like I expected it to be. I was greeted with a warm smile (much different from my vision of a stern looking professor). We spent that class period pretty much getting to know each other, kind of like high school. After class was dismissed, we went to lunch. Lunch was a not so appetizing meal of pizza and fries. A few other people from my school had to go to Spanish at the same time as my Biology class, so we wasted time by going in “The Den.” In Biology, we found out that the class was actually Anatomy and Physiology, which we weren't too pleased about. Our professor seemed to be pretty cool, but isn't that how most teachers are on the first day? To make a long story short, even though my first day wasn't at the college I plan to attend, it was a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment